Friday, January 14, 2022

Family Medicine - where health is primary

I’ve got you When you’re sick or well Through your joys and sorrows I’ve got you Your children, partner, parents From birth to death, I’m there.

I treat the whole person
You’re not “the diabetic”, but rather
the resilient person who lost 30 lbs
and picked up a love for cycling
after we found those elevated blood sugars
I’ll be there with you, tissues and all,
Through the bad news
And we’ll figure it out together.
We’ll celebrate the joys, too
Life’s accomplishments, love and family
I’ll catch your babies
Then fall in love with them along with you
High-fiving at those well child checks
Marveling at their growth
[it happens so fast doesn’t it]
We’ll share stories while
I remove that suspicious mole
Or insert an intrauterine device
Or deliver a steroid shot into that tired joint
I’m your partner in care
With you on your path to wellness
My head, heart and hands are my tools
I’m here for you.
I’m your family doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment