Sunday, July 28, 2024

Clarity in solitude

It's been a busy few months and I have had so much I wanted to share on this page. From 

educational outreach on LGBTQ+ health to 

insights from developing our compassion curriculum to 

inspiration from training in open dialogue to

excitement from a multidisciplinary collaboration on a new manuscript to

strengthening connections and brainstorming in my new role as GME wellness director to  

training up a wonderful cadre of resident/fellow peer supporters to 

collaborating with colleagues to fortify and safeguard FM education in the new med school curriculum to 

co-facilitating professional development in wellness-centered leadership with wellness colleagues to

heartfelt moments with learners and patients to 

precious moments with my children as they wrapped up the school year and extracurriculars and launched into the beautiful chaos of summer camp...

Well-- I'm tired, but the good kind.  I just know I need to do some stretching and cool down to integrate things after an intense period of growth and learning.

My heart and mind are full, and desperate to do some processing.

And the universe has granted me just that, as this week I have the home completely to myself as my two children have gone off to sleepaway camp and my partner tends to family matters out of state. 

I'm trying not to get an A in relaxing this week, nor am I gunning to catch up on all the things on my to-do list. I'm definitely looking forward to some restorative time and connecting with some parts of myself that tend to collect dust in the caregiving journey. More than anything, I know that a lot has happened, and sometimes it might seem easier to just keep on trucking when the pedal has been slammed to the floor. But everything has been pointing me towards the need to slow down and enjoy this ride more, so I'm putting on cruise control and giving myself some space to look back a little. And in that way, I know I can earn even more clarity about where I'm going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment